This recipe uses a ready-made dough ball which may be high in sodium. You could use a pita bread such as Joseph’s flax and oat pita, a whole grain tortilla, make your own pizza dough or your own cauliflower crust or Cloud Bread.
- 1 pizza dough ball (note Wegmans is 28 ounces, not 16 ounces so you’ll get more servings)
- 1 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 8 ounces canned artichoke hearts
Let dough thaw in the refrigerator. Put onto a floured cutting board and cut into 8 pieces for individual pizzas or make one whole pizza. Roll out and press onto a lightly greased sheet pan. Top with sauce and toppings and let rest while the oven heats.
Heat oven to 400-degrees. Bake pizza on the lowest rack for about 20 minutes. Check the bottom- it should be a golden brown crust.
Serve with a side salad for a complete meal.
Nutrition Information Per slice (8 slices):
210 calories 7g fat 2.9g saturated fat 260-452mg sodium (depending on the dough used)
30g carbohydrate 3.6g fiber 11.6g protein