Published on March 18, 2019
Split Pea Soup
Yields 8 servings
- 1 cup green split peas (dried, sorted & rinsed)
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled & roughly chopped
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30-35 minutes until peas are tender.
- Puree the soup with an electric hand mixer or in a food processor or blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a dash of lemon juice.
Nutrition Information per serving and using ½ tsp salt:
60 calories 3g fat 0g saturated fat 6g carbohydrate 2g fiber
2g protein 153mg sodium