Vegetarian Lentil Soup
- 1 pound dried green lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, washed and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or more to taste)
- 1-2 bay leaf
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- (Salt optional)
- Black pepper to taste
Rinse and sort lentils and set aside
Heat oil in a pot and add onion, stir on medium heat 2-3 minutes then add carrots and celery and sauté another 3-4 minutes. Add in lentils and broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer ~30 minutes until lentils are tender. Add thyme and adjust seasoning.
Serve with a salad for a complete meal.
270 calories 4g fat 0mg cholesterol 155+ mg sodium 41g carbohydrate
8g fiber 8g protein