Whole Wheat Pizza-Recipe Courtesy of Boston Medical Center
Makes 8 servings
For the toppings:
- ½ cup tomato sauce (No added salt)
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cups toppings (peppers, onion, zucchini, mushrooms etc.)
- 1 package Rapid Rise active dry yeast
- ¾-1 cup warm (110-115 degrees) water
- 2 ¼ cup whole wheat or white wheat flour
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbl honey
Combine the yeast, honey and water in a bowl and let yeast dissolve. Add in flour, oil and salt and stir well to combine. Kneed for 8 minutes or use dough hook on the mixer to mix for 5-6 minutes.
Cover dough and let rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a pizza pan or cookie sheet with vegetable pan spray.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface and place on pizza pan. Top with sauce and desired toppings. Bake 10-12 minutes or until desired doneness.
Nutrition Information per slice (with only cheese):
200 calories 8g fat 3g saturated fat 10mg cholesterol 216mg sodium 31g carbohydrate 4g fiber