North Carolina Heart & Vascular Hospital
The new Heart & Vascular Hospital opened in March 2017. This eight-story, 306,000 square foot building will bring together UNC REX’s heart and vascular services in one location.
Every aspect of the facility was designed with the comfort of patients and their families in mind. The design is based on research, best practices and input from UNC REX patients, physicians, clinicians and caregivers.
In addition, the hospital has the latest technology for patient care and procedures, as well as a state of the art learning institute and demonstration kitchen. Dedicated education space will make it easier for UNC REX physicians to continue providing education to other physicians throughout the world, add educational programs for patients and the community, and increase in-house training and education for staff.
- 114 Private patient rooms
- 72 Intermediate/telemetry beds
- 2 0 Cardiovascular intensive care beds
- 22 Acuity adaptable beds
- 8 Cardiac catheterization (cath), vascularand interventional radiology labs
- 2 Electrophysiology labs
- 2 Hybrid procedure rooms
- 10 Bed post-acute care unit (PACU)
- 4 8 Bed prep and recovery unit
- Cardiac intensive care
- Kardia Café
- Inpatient pharmacy
- Cardiology, vascular medicine and surgery, and cardiac surgery clinics
- Inpatient dialysis care
- Cardiac rehabilitation facility