New Cancer Center Coming in 2021
UNC REX Healthcare is opening a new cancer center across the street from its main Raleigh campus to meet the increasing need for oncology treatment and services and to serve patients from across Eastern North Carolina for generations to come.
The new UNC REX Cancer Center is designed to improve patient care with input from patients and their families, physicians, nurses and other co-workers. The new cancer center will provide a space better suited to deliver care. From its inception, our guiding principles for the new design have focused on:
- Supporting the emotional journey of those affected by cancer
- Providing patients, staff and caregivers healthy choices to revitalize themselves
- Offering comfort through ease of use and control over the environment
- Streamlining processes through hyper-efficiencies
- Evolving through flexible operational planning & potential for growth
- Strengthening communication and collaboration
The new UNC REX Cancer Center will be a destination for compassionate, patient-centered oncology care using the latest research and best medical technology available.