For your convenience, UNC REX Pharmacy of Raleigh is available to fill your post-hospital prescriptions before you are discharged from the hospital.
Just dial 919-784-3242 and press ‘0’ to have your prescriptions filled.
The pharmacy is located near the West Surgical waiting area on the second floor of UNC REX Hospital.
Patients and family members may pick up prescriptions:
- Monday-Friday: 7 am - 7 pm
- Saturday: 9 am - 7 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm - 6 pm
You may call in your refill requests to our automated refill system 24-hours a day. Please call 919-784-3188 to refill your prescription.
If you do not know your prescription number, and it is outside of our normal business hours, please leave a message with your name, medication and contact number.
You may also request a refill for your prescription online using our refill app.
Parking for the REX Pharmacy is conveniently located near the main hospital entrance, next to the visitor parking deck. Just look for the ‘REX Pharmacy of Raleigh Parking’ sign!
Note that use of this premium parking space is limited to 15 minutes.
Medications contain powerful chemicals that can alter the way your body functions, which is why it is essential to use them correctly.
While our physicians, nurses and pharmacists are committed to helping you use your medications safely, it is your responsibility to use your medications as directed.
As a patient, you may see multiple physicians and may have prescriptions filled in more than one location. You should keep a record of the names and doses of your medications, and the reasons you are taking them. Be sure to share this information with your physicians and pharmacists so that they can check for potential drug interactions, drug duplications and other opportunities to improve the safety, effectiveness and cost of your medications.
Here are some helpful questions to ask your Physicians or Pharmacists:
- What is name of this medication? Is this the brand name or the generic name?
- What does this medication do?
- What are the side effects and what should I do if I experience any negative side effects?
- When should I start to notice the medication is working?
- What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Does this new medication interact with any other drugs or supplements I am taking?
- Does this medication replace any others I am currently taking?
- Should I take this medication with food or on an empty stomach?
- Are there any foods, beverages or activities I should avoid while taking this medication?
- Can I get refills for this medication and how often?
Additionally, you can download and complete our Personal Medical Record Card to ensure that you have easy access to the full list of the medications, supplements and over-the-counter drugs that you are currently taking.
Personal Medical Record Cards are also made available to patients during their visit to UNC REX Healthcare, courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.