We welcome family members and friends to visit patients during their stay at UNC REX.
Until further notice, please refer to our COVID Visitor Policy for current visitor guidelines.
To accommodate shift change meetings and communication with physicians, there is no visitation or calls from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Visitors entering the hospital after 8:30 p.m., and those visiting the REX Women's Center, will be required to sign the visitor log.
Patients have the right to enjoy equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences and subject to justified clinical restrictions. UNC REX Healthcare is committed to maintaining an environment that is safe, comfortable and conducive to quality patient care. All patient visitation is at the discretion of physicians and/or nursing staff, without discrimination and with consideration given to the wishes of the patient and any appropriate clinical restriction.
Statement of Patient Visitation Rights: Upon admission, the hospital informs each patient (and/or his or her legal representative or support person, where appropriate) of patient's visitation rights :
- Patient's rights to receive the visitors whom they designate, including but not limited to a spouse, domestic partner (including same sex partner) another family member or friend
- Patient's right to withdraw or deny such consent at any time
- Justified clinical restrictions which may be imposed on visitation rights.
- All visitors designated by the patient enjoy visitation privileges that are no more restrictive than those that immediate family members would enjoy.
- The hospital staff will not restrict, limit or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.