Whether you are motivated to give back to your community or want to learn more about the health care field, you will find volunteering to be a rewarding and exciting experience at UNC REX Healthcare. Our college volunteer program offers students hands-on experience while working in a professional health care environment.
Placement areas may include, but are not limited to:
- Patient care floors
- Culinary and nutrition services
- Physical therapy
- Same-day surgery
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with UNC Rex Healthcare!
2018 Summer Student Program
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 summer student program.
2018-2019 Semester Program
2018 Fall Semester (August 26 until December 8) and 2019 Spring Semester (January 14 until April 27). Two semester commitment.
Applications will be accepted from June 19 until July 19, 2018
Interested in receiving college credit? Explore internship opportunities.
- Must be enrolled in a college undergraduate or graduate program on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Volunteer at least one time per week for a four-hour shift. Most clinical volunteer opportunities are available Monday - Friday from 8 am - Noon or Noon - 4 pm. Clerical areas offer evening opportunities from 5 - 9 pm.
- During fall and spring semester program, you must be willing to commit to two semesters (12 weeks each semester). During the summer program, you must be willing to volunteer for 10 weeks.
- Complete orientation guidelines and be trained in your job-specific area.
- Complete pre-volunteer drug screening.
- Adhere to all UNC REX policies and procedures, including dress code.
- Be responsible for finding substitutes when unavailable for assigned shift.
- Complete health assessment to screen for Tuberculosis (TB), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Varicella (Chicken Pox) and Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR).
- Submission of two references from adults who are familiar with your work ethic and character.