Thank you for being part of the UNC REX Volunteer Family!
Last fiscal year, 1,372 volunteers, ranging in ages from 14 – 95, were an integral part of the patient experience at UNC REX. Volunteers made a difference in the lives of our patients, their loved ones, and our co-workers. Volunteers donated over 135,000 quality service hours to the organization.
To make Re-Orientation more convenient for you, we have placed our requirements online. To meet your annual requirements, please complete the following steps by October 19:
1. Read the General Orientation Self-Study materials.
2. Read the Volunteer Handbook.
3. Watch the wheelchair safety video.
4. Complete General Orientation Validation test. A score of 80 must be made to continue to volunteer. When you complete your test, an email will be sent to Volunteer Services verifying your score.
5. As a friendly reminder all volunteers are required to receive a flu vaccine each year. Employee Health will be glad to provide you with a flu shot free of charge. If you volunteer outside the hospital, please check with your supervisor to see if it is convenient for you to receive it when your team does. If you receive your vaccine elsewhere, we will need written documentation including who provided it for you. The vaccine must be administered by November 12 for you to continue volunteering.
If you have technical difficulty completing this requirement, we will be happy to send you a hard copy packet to complete. Please contact Sherry Mendenhall at 919-784-2297 or email@example.com or Paula O’Briant at 919-784-2210 or paula.o’firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for completing this test and meeting the annual safety requirements to volunteer. Your service to UNC REX Healthcare makes a difference.
The Volunteer Services Department team is here to assist you. Pictured (left to right) are Paula O’Briant, CHVM, volunteer coordinator; Melinda Scott, CHVM, CAVS, director; and Sherry Mendenhall, CHVM, volunteer coordinator.