Wellness Center Updates related to COVID-19
In the Governor’s recent announcement on June 24th, we learned that North Carolina will be continuing in Phase 2 and fitness centers are not permitted to open. While we are not yet able to reopen fully, Rex Wellness Centers are still here to provide a positive health and wellness experience for you with the current restrictions. We have been working to ensure every measure is implemented to protect against the transmission of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) for our patrons and co-workers that have been participating in our current programs and services. As part of the UNC Safe Promise program, we continue to practice physical distancing, wear face coverings, practice robust cleaning and disinfecting, and conduct employee and member Wellness Checks. We anticipate the opportunity to open Rex Wellness Centers in full in phase three of the Governor’s plan which will hopefully be in the next 3-4 weeks. We will continue to provide updates on our operating status as information becomes available. Thank you for your suggestions and cooperation.
Important points to keep in mind:
• Membership dues will not be billed for July.
• Usage will continue to be restricted to members only.
• In lieu of dues, visits will continue at the rate of $5.00 per visit which may be billed to your account. We will issue credits for any accumulated fees in excess of $50 per person or $85 per family during July toward the next month’s charges. No exceptions will be made for those with different types of memberships.
• Based on our current usage, operating hours will be changed to: 5:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday, 5:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. – Friday and 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• All usage including lane times and classes will be by reservation only to allow for social distancing and minimize waiting.
• Reservations may be made using the member portal on our website.
We would also like to remind members that our online COVIDaware screening is available. This online screening allows you to complete the screening questions on your smartphone or desktop and will speed up your check-in process. The online screening is not mandatory and we will continue to offer in-person screenings for members and co-workers prior to each visit. If completed on your desktop, print a copy of the completed certificate and bring it in the day you plan to enter the Wellness Center. If you complete the Wellness Check on your smartphone, you may show your completed certificate from your phone for the day you are entering the wellness center.
Take Screening Here
It has always been our goal to deliver a rewarding, safe, clean and quality wellness experience for all, this statement is true now more than ever. It is also important to mention we are all in this together and we need everyone’s continued assistance to deliver a rewarding and safe experience. Below are a few details that will assist in keeping everyone safe, as well as minimize the transmission of COVID-19:
• If you are not feeling well or experiencing flu like symptoms please stay home and do not enter Rex Wellness Centers.
• Please wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitizer frequently.
• Face Coverings are required at all centers. Face coverings may be removed when vigorously exercising.
• We practice physical distancing at Rex Wellness Centers. We ask everyone to do their best to allow a minimum of 6 feet between each other, 10 feet while exercising.
• Even though we will be cleaning equipment and surfaces frequently, please use the disinfectant wipes provided to clean surfaces such as equipment and locker doors after each use.
We have had a very successful experience opening our pools and massage services with the full cooperation of our members. We look forward to build on our success as we are able to offer additional programs and services.
The following programs and services are currently available:
• 30 and 45-minute online reservations for lap swimming and individual water walking are available. Non-porous personal swim equipment is permitted; however, we ask that you keep this equipment secure and clean it with the disinfectant provided.
• Water Exercise Classes – available by reservation beginning July 6th.
• Swim Classes are available at some centers with instruction from the pool deck. Please contact your center regarding availability.
• Outdoor Group Exercise Classes – available by reservation beginning July 6th. Class types and availability may vary by location. Schedules will be limited and may change due to weather conditions.
• Massage Therapy Services
• Outdoor Personal Training
• Virtual Personal Training
• Online Group Exercise Classes
• Nutrition Services - Our registered dietitians are offering both face-to-face visits and telephonic visits. Please contact us at 919-784-3419 and specify which type of visit you prefer. We recommend that you verify your nutrition benefit coverage before scheduling your appointment.
We appreciate our loyal and dedicated Rex Wellness community. We miss you all and look forward to seeing everyone back at Rex Wellness Centers soon.
Special Instructions for Pool Scheduling During Phase 2
Due to social distancing precautions:
- Lane use is limited to one swimmer or water exerciser per lane. Where available, the warm water pools are marked with dividers with a limit of one person per section.
- Reservations are limited to one per day per person.
- Times begin 30 minutes after we open and end 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Reservations may be made up to 36 hours prior to the start of your swim time.
- Sign up for a line lane today via the online member services portal! View the video below to learn how to sign up. We look forward to seeing you again.